Across the world, scientists experiment with elements in our environment searching for the culprits behind skin dulling and damage. Among the latest findings are that blue light, or the light commonly emitted by our electronic devices and certain LED lights, interferes with both our sleep rhythms and the process by which our skin cells metabolize oxygen1. That interference contributes directly to the increased production of skin damaging free radicals.
We've taken steps to fight back with a state-of-the-art treatment that protects against blue light induced free radicals, infrared light skin damage and air pollution while unleashing skin rejuvenating prebiotics, plant extracts and hydrators.
Our soothing Urban Defense Gel uses state-of-the-art active ingredients to deliver sophisticated protection and restoration:
- Caesalpinia Spinosa (Tara) Fruit Pod Extract and Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Sprout Extract:
- Powerful polyphenol antioxidants eliminate free radicals;
- Blocks infrared and blue light-induced free radicals while protecting mitochondrial DNA; and
- Inhibits screen and light-induced skin damage while protecting skin barrier integrity, preventing inflammation, and replenishing density due to sun exposure.
- Orobanche Rapum Extract
- An award-winning antioxidant extract that reactivates the natural skin renewal cycle from top to bottom; and
- Six synergistic actions balance microflora, reinforce firmness, and energize skin.
- Alpha-glucan Oligosaccharide:
- A clinically proven prebiotic sugar complex that promotes friendly bacteria growth and skin ph protection;
- Prevents proliferation of harmful microorganisms that can lead to skin problems; and
- Significantly strengthens skin’s natural defenses to ensure that it stays healthy and clear.
- A bio-fermented sugar that manages balancing, protective, and antimicrobial activity;
- Soothes signs of physical and environmental aggression;
- Restores skin comfort and helps balance skin’s bacterial flora; and
- Decreases redness and irritation caused by UV, retinoids, and skin resurfacing agents.
- Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, and Xylitol:
- Cellulose derived sugars optimize water transport to boost moisture reserves within cellular water channels (aquaporins);
- Strengthens the skin’s barrier function by boosting synthesis of epidermal hyaluronic acids, proteins, enzymes and lipids; and
- Enhances skin’s volume and plumpness.
- Hyaluronic Acid:
- A bioactive humectant delivering instantaneous plumping moisture into the skin’s surface;
- Promotes healthy cell formation and skin recovery after aggression; and
- Helps cells maintain moisture reservoirs for long-lasting hydration.
- Red Seaweed:
- A multi-functional algae extract from frigid Scandinavian waters that protects the skin against pollution;
- Delivers superior hydration and rapidly boosts the amount of natural hyaluronic acid in the skin;
- Increases production of ceramides for a more supple and resilient skin barrier; and
- Contains filaggrin, an epidermal protein essential for the synthesis of the NMF (natural moisturizing factor).
See how our little blue gel can keep your skin looking its best despite our increasingly blue light exposed lives today.