- You took the time to buy amazing products from us.
- We packed them with thoughtfully selected samples in our gorgeous shipping box.
- We shipped it.
- You tracked it.
- And now;
- Nothing's there.
Package theft from delivered parcels, also known as Porch Piracy, has grown so quickly that many of us have struggled with what to do.
Whether it's a critical shipment or just something for laughs, the greatest frustration is having to wait for the shipping cycle to repeat itself and hope the theft doesn't recur.
There are 3 free things we can do now to reduce and overcome this growing problem:
- Sign up for the United State Postal Service's Informed Delivery for free here.
- Already more than 22 million households have signed up to combat theft and it's helping.
- Require a signature for delivery (you can always add a note for this on most online check out screens).
- We add the signature requirement anytime we suspect an order is at particular risk because it'll take less time than finding out a package is lost and replacing it.
- Ask a friend or neighbor who is always around to keep an eye out - it usually takes a community to beat back the Porch Pirates.
And here are a few less obvious options, too:
- Install security monitoring lawn signs.
- Install obvious cameras out of reach, whether real or not.
- Leave a shipping box outside as a decoy.
- Fill it with a brick, horrible rags or even more creative booby prizes to let pirates know you are not an easy target.
- Install motion sensor that triggers a loud recorded voice from inside yelling "Who's There."
Whatever you do, rest assured we are working to ensure you get that box within 1-3 business days with the confidence.